If you work in the health care industry, chances are you’re on your feet the majority of the day. There are a few things you can do to care for yourself:
• Invest in good footwear. Find shoes that are supportive, comfortable and fit correctly.
• Take time each day to stretch. Attend yoga and Pilates classes.
• Pay attention to posture.
• Ice your feet to combat swelling and massage your feet to loosen the muscles and joints.
• Treat yourself to a pedicure.
For more tips, tune in to hear BioScrip General Manager Mike Carroll on the LiveWell Jefferson Podcast, airing April 1.
– Kim Harvey, BioScrip Infusion Services