Hunting for a new job? On her trip to South Africa earlier this year, Betsie Gambel found that the job seekers in Cape Town share our best practices. Here’s some wisdom she shared:
• Never stop networking. You don’t know when an opportunity might present itself.
• Make sure social media channels accurately and appropriately represent who you are.
• Highlight strengths and relevant experience on your resume.
• Once you get the interview, research the company. Be authentic.
• Have a list of questions ready to ask about the position and company.
• Follow up post-interview with a handwritten note to differentiate yourself.