If good things come in small packages, great things arrive in big, rusty, muddy pipes. One of THNOC’s latest acquisitions, an iron water pipe, ran beneath Bourbon Street for more than 100 years, and we are thrilled to give it a home.
The city of New Orleans donated a section of the retired plumbing to THNOC, and using old maps of the French Quarter, curator/historian Eric Seiferth discovered that it was installed between 1875 and 1886.
For more on the pipe – who was using it and what we will do with it – check out this article on our website.
– Eli Haddow, The Historic New Orleans Collection