Save big with these back-to-school shopping hacks.
1. Make five shopping trips to take advantage of sales and get the best prices when offered.
2. While prices are low, buy enough school supplies to last through the first half of the year.
3. Plan to purchase weekly loss leaders (an item priced so cheaply that retailers actually lose money on sales).
4. Before you hit the regular stores, shop at dollar stores like Dollar Tree and Family Dollar.
5. Coordinate with other parents you know to find the best prices.
6. Take advantage of price matching at stores like Office Depot, Staples and Target.
– Kristi Maupin, Jefferson Financial Federal Credit Union