This Halloween you can have a treat and not be tricked into spending more than necessary. Here are a few tips to ensure you won’t be spooked going over your finances after the festivities are over:
• Get creative with your costumes by checking out consignment and thrift shops, making your own or shopping your closet.
• Attend free events in your community.
• Wait for sales to purchase candy.
• Create a budget and stick to it.
Halloween should be fun and carefree. Keep these tips in mind to keep your budget out of the danger zone.
– Kristi Maupin, Jefferson Financial Federal Credit Union