The #GambelGirls recently attended the New Orleans Chamber of Commerce’s inaugural Power Up: Women’s Leadership Conference. The event’s keynote speaker, Tina Clements, encouraged attendees of the city’s first collaborative Women’s Leadership Conference to use their energy to change their circumstances. Remember that when emotional reactions happen, you have five choices:
• Accept it. Find forgiveness and move on.
• Change it. Take action and make adjustments.
• Shift your perspective. Strive to acknowledge and understand another person’s viewpoint.
• Leave it. Remove yourself and walk away.
• Remain a victim. Wallow in your misery and blame others.
Be conscious of the consequences of your choices.
– Dominique Becnel, Gambel Communications