There are plenty of things people love to hate about meetings: They’re too long and too frequent; certain people dominate the conversation and other people don’t pay attention; and nothing gets done. Take charge of your next meeting by following these steps:
• Make the most of your meeting by creating an agenda and distributing it beforehand.
• Ask people to set aside their phones when the meeting starts to avoid distractions.
• Send a post-meeting summary to keep everyone in the loop.
• Designate responsibilities for agenda items.
• Follow up with everyone to make sure tasks are completed before the next meeting.
– Dominique Becnel, Gambel Communications