The Focus Burst™ method tricks your brain into mimicking your fight-or-flight response, giving you a short burst of hyper focus. Here are the steps to achieve this:
• Break down your project into short chunks.
• Set a goal for each short burst.
• Use an external timer that makes a noise.
• Make your focus time five to eight minutes.
• Focus on the task with intensity.
• The short burst should mimic a fight-or-flight situation.
• When the timer goes off, reset it for the same time. Repeat the process.
The result of these focus bursts can be incredibly effective.
For more tips, read Brainhacker: Master Memory, Focus, Emotions, and More to Unleash the Genius Within
– Dave Farrow, Farrow Communications