Financial scams abound today, and they come in several forms. Here are some tips to help keep your data and money safe:
• Request alerts for whenever your cards are used somewhere unusual like another city.
• Check statements and activity weekly. Call your bank if ever you suspect something is amiss.
• Develop a variety of passwords – and make them complicated.
• Avoid shared computers whenever possible.
• Avoid shared wi-fi if not secure.
• Avoid “too-good-to-be-true” deals online and sweepstakes that claim you won something for nothing, especially if you do not remember entering said contest at all.
• Don’t answer unknown phone numbers.
– Mike Brown, WaFd Bank Arizona