I know – it is extremely hard to unplug. Your hand is drawn to your device; you feel incomplete without it nearby. You have a primal need to check your email and text messages so as not to miss anything.
We habitually check our phones, tablets and computers on average about 85 times each day. But what if we took a break, at least while on vacation this summer? Here are five reasons to truly unplug:
- Unplugging allows your brain to rest.
- Stress levels decrease.
- Personal relationships strengthen.
- Promotes healthy, restful sleep.
- Puts the life back into your work-life balance.
– Deneen Bloom, S&A Communications