Every hurricane season, it is important to be ready before a storm occurs. To avoid stress with pets if evacuation becomes necessary, have a bag packed and ready with these pet essentials:
– Leashes and carriers; never try to transport your pet without a carrier, especially in high-stress situations, because it makes it easier for them to run away.
– IDs on each animal; microchipping is the best way to ensure your pet will be returned
– Vet and vaccination records; electronic versions are best
– Comforting items like familiar blankets and toys
– Food, treats, water, bowls, trash bags, and first-aid kits
For more information on how to keep your pets safe, check out Big Sky Ranch’s website.