Hunting for a new job? On her trip to South Africa last year, Betsie Gambel found that job seekers in Cape Town share our best practices. Here are some words of wisdom she shared:
• Never stop networking. You don’t know when an opportunity might present itself.
• Make sure social media channels accurately and appropriately represent who you are.
• Highlight strengths and relevant experience on your resume.
• Once you get the interview, research the company. Be authentic.
• Have a list of questions ready to ask about the position and company.
• Follow up post-interview with a handwritten note to differentiate yourself.