The earth has recently been given a much-needed break from excess pollution, greenhouse gas emissions and tainted water canals while we stay home to practice social distancing. Even after returning to a normal, there are several ways to continue helping our planet:
• Cut down how much you throw away (recycle, reuse, reduce intake).
• Plant a home garden (access to fresh produce and plants removes pollutants from the air).
• When possible, walk or bike rather than drive (carbon dioxide reduction is key).
• Reduce energy consumption (shut down computers, hang clothes instead of using a dryer, turn off lights during the day).
– Malika Everette, The Atlanta 100