Gambel Communications is getting ready to emerge from the COVID-19 pandemic while continuing to set up clients for success.
When New Orleans entered phase one in mid-May, my friend Tina Meilleur, an executive coach, coined E.M.E.R.G.E., identifying six steps to recovery:
• ESTIMATE what you require in revenues, resources and reserves to stay viable.
• MAP OUT gaps in those categories between pre-shutdown and your future viability estimates.
• EXPLORE several sets of assumptions.
• REFINE your assumptions to create two-three future scenarios to close gaps.
• GATHER details on your gap-closing plan.
• EXECUTE your new short-term plan based on most likely assumptions.
The process is fluid and should be modified to accommodate where you are. The bottom line? Plan. Think ahead. Adjust.