When transitioning out of the hospital, patients have an increased risk of experiencing confusion and even re-hospitalization.
BioScrip Infusion Services has some great tips to reduce complications and transition loved ones home with ease:
1. Coordinate with the patient’s care providers to help ensure positive responses to the therapy provided.
2. Seek information on all aspects of the medication prescribed.
3. Ask the hospital staff what home accommodations are needed before leaving the hospital.
4. Reconcile the patient’s medications within the first 24 hours of arriving home.
5. Stock up on lots of nutritious and easy-to-cook meals.
– Kim Harvey, BioScrip Infusion Services