The Historic New Orleans Collection’s staff listed 14 standout moments from their work in 2018.
With the Tricentennial behind us, The Historic New Orleans Collection’s staff took a look back at the year and highlighted 14 moments and discoveries from 2018. Some of the stories included:
• Views of North Claiborne Avenue before the overpass.
• A rare ad from opening night at the French Opera House.
• The Liberty Bell’s journey to New Orleans in 1884.
• A block party commemorating New Orleans’ 300th birthday.
• A painting with hidden details.
• Photographs from the old Ursuline Convent.
• A strange document, written in Latin.
• A 1945 ledger book for streetcar drivers.
Read about them in THNOC’s newest web article.